August and September Museum Free Days -
- Adler Planetarium: Every Wednesday from 4:00-10:00 pm
- Field Museum: August 29; September 5, 9, 12, 19, and 26
- Art Institute of Chicago: August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 from 5:00-8:00 pm
- Museum of Science and Industry: August 28, 29; September 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26
- Chicago History Museum: August 15, 16, 17; September 4, 13, 27
- DuSable Black History Museum: Every Wednesday (online booking in advance is required)
- Museum of Contemporary Art: Every Tuesday
- Chicago Children’s Museum: September 28
- Swedish American Museum: September 12
- Illinois Holocaust Museum: September 29
I would love for all guardians to be approved volunteers this year! Having this approval from CPS means you can chaperone field trips, attend class events, and volunteer in the classroom. Even if you aren't sure you will be available to do those things, being an approved volunteer gives you the option! You need to complete the application every year. Look at the Classroom Volunteering page to learn more and get started!
We are looking forward to a wonderful school year with you and your children. Before we welcome your children into this school year, we are asking you to complete a survey so we can learn how to best support you and meet each child's needs. Please complete this survey as soon as you are able so that we can use the information to plan and prepare for a great year!
I hope to meet many of you at Supply Drop Off on Thursday, August 17th from 1:00-2:30. If you are unable to attend, you can have your student bring their supplies on the first day of school.