Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Megan Anguiano. This is my 10th year of teaching and my... 19th year at Chicago World Language Academy ;)
I grew up down the street from the school. Both my parents grew up on Taylor St., so I love that I get to stay so close to my roots! I went to high school at Whitney Young and undergrad at the University of Illinois- Urbana Champaign. After college, I worked for Chicago Public Schools in the Department of Student Adjudication for a few years while working towards my master's degree. I graduated from UIC with a Master of Education in Instructional Leadership- Elementary Ed.
Some of my favorite things are...
- My furbaby, Riley! She's a 7-year-old Border-Aussie and the best part of my day, every day!
- Photography! I am a professional photographer, and my favorite type of photo shoots are family and couple shoots!
- Sunrises and sunsets! I try to wake up early and head to the lake for sunrise at least once a week.
- Traveling! I've traveled to 18 different countries, half of them as a solo traveler!
- My family! I have two older brothers, a younger sister, and 5 niblings. I love getting together with them weekly!